New client Pirate.com UK requirements
We are pleased to share the news that we will be acting for Pirate.com who have big ambitions for 2021/2022. This is an incredibly exciting new use class for us.
Founders David Borrie and Mikey Hammerton were tired of practising in damp, dark rooms and thought that they could do something better for musicians without hitting them in the pocket: the result was the world’s first 24/7, self-service studio space. Key to the success of the company has been the innovative, tech-centred model; operating unique self-service studios to maximise availability and minimise operating costs, enabling them to offer a high quality product at ultra-competitive prices in a market where price points are especially sensitive.
Of the 400 studies worldwide and the 100,000+ customers who have used their facilities, the majority have no direct contact with Pirate staff: they book a studio slot on the website, and receive access codes. These codes grant time-limited access to the building and rooms they have reserved, and at the end of their session they simply leave the room for the next customer.
“In a world of decreasing record revenue and with a shrinking choice of live venues to play in, we are utilising technology to put money back in artists’ pockets. Like pirate radio before us, we are supporting the undiscovered musicians who will form the future of music.” – David Borrie, Co-Founder.
Priority locations requirements are: London – South, Bristol, Cardiff, Nottingham and Sheffield.
- Freehold and leasehold acquisitions
- 10 year minimum term but will also consider up to 20 years.
- Tenant only break halfway through initial term preferred.
Type & Size
- All types of property considered from warehouses and light industrial to retail basements and upper floors.
- Stand alone and single-story preferred.
- 5,000 – 15,000 square foot (15-45 studios).
- Clear internal spans (minimal columns and obstructions).
- Fringe neighbourhoods on the cusp of urban development preferred.
- Car parking: 1 space per 500 square foot ideal.
- Within close proximity to transport hubs.
- Previously Use Class B1(c) – can now trade under Class E.
Contact Mark or Russellor Benjie with opportunities.